Tax laws

The year 2022 brings a new set of tax laws in Serbia – Tax authorities

To print this article, all you need to do is be registered or log in to Mondaq.com.

A new set of Tax laws was adopted in the Republic of Serbia, most of which will be applicable from January 2022. The main changes concern:

Law Amending the Personal Income Tax Law

  • The amount of non-taxable salary will increase from 18,300 RSD to 19,300 RSD

  • The validity of the “old” reliefs of articles 21c and 21d of this law have been extended until the end of 2022;

  • Tax relief for newly established enterprises engaged in innovation activities (under Article 21e of the Personal Income Tax Act), based on the salaries of employees, is applicable to enterprises which will be created after December 31, 2021;

  • The application period of the tax exemption based on the salary of qualified new employees has been extended until the end of 2025. (by prescribing additional conditions for the continued exercise of rights) – Law on personal income tax, Article 21g;

  • A new allowance will be applicable from March 1, 2022 for new employees (unemployed in the period from January 1, 2019 to February 28, 2022) – article 21z of this law.

  • A new allowance introduced, from 1 March 2022. for legal persons/employers who carry out research as part of their activities – article 21i;

  • Exemption from capital gains tax for the taxpayer who contributes copyrights and all related rights, as industrial property rights in their entirety as a non-monetary contribution to the capital of a company resident in RS;

  • Annual tax reduction for taxpayers under 40 by reducing taxable income;

  • Reimbursement earned by students completing work-based learning will be tax-exempt.

Compulsory Social Insurance Contributions Act

Lowering of the employer’s pension insurance contribution rate by 0.5%; the overall contribution rate for pension insurance will be 25% instead of 25.5%.Applicable from 1 January 2022.

Law Amending the Law on Corporation Tax

An amendment has been made (to article 30 of this law) – allowing the taxpayer to exclude from corporate income tax capital gains arising from the transfer of intellectual property rights (copyright, copyright neighbors, as well as the right to find) to a resident legal person. base. The conditions have been prescribed in order to avoid losing the right to this tax benefit. This change will be applied for a tax period beginning in 2022.

Property Tax Act

  • The lease of an apartment constituted in accordance with the law on town planning and construction, as well as the law on science and research was subject to a property tax;

  • In the case of a married person who acquires real estate through a legal transaction, the date of birth of the obligation has been regulated;

  • The tax on the transfer of absolute rights in the transfer of ownership of a used motor vehicle and a gift tax will be determined by applying the formula depending on the volume of work of the engine of the vehicle, the power of the vehicle engine and vehicle age factor;

  • The person liable for the tax on the transfer of absolute rights is the purchaser in the event of the transfer with compensation of the ownership rights to a used motor vehicle. In case of transfer between subjects that are not subject to VAT, no tax declaration is filed (the tax is paid by self-assessment). Exceptions are cases where the tax exemption is prescribed.

  • The “rent a car” category is no longer a condition for exercising tax exemption for the transfer of ownership of these vehicles.

The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. Specialist advice should be sought regarding your particular situation.

POPULAR ARTICLES ON: Serbia Tax

Living and working in Cyprus

Legal Skills

A guide to the residence and work permit requirements for living and working in Cyprus, including a summary of key facts about the Cypriot personal income tax system

DEBRA – Potential New Tax Directive

Matheson

On May 11, 2022, the European Commission published the first draft directive “Debt-equity bias reduction income” (DEBRA). The draft proposal is available here.

The 60-day tax residency certificate

Vrikis & Kouppi LLC

The following new circular, issued by the Cyprus Tax Authorities in early 2022, provides further guidance and clarification as to tax residency in accordance with the legal provision of 60-day stay…